Absinthe Stuck “something went wrong, trying to recover”
May 25, 2012 in iPhone Troubleshooting & Repair by
something went wrong, trying to recover….
You are not alone, a lot of Absinthe 2.0 users facing the same trying to recovery error on Absinthe just like you. But many of jailbreakers getting Absinthe 2.0 successfully jailbreak their iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad iOS 5.1.1 without problem as well.
So, here are a few tips you should to to get around with this Absinthe 2.0 error.
- Run Absinthe with Administrator and set compatibility to Windows XP (same as setting redsn0w compatibility and run redsn0w as Administrator)
- Move to another computer or try different USB cable.
- If none of above tips worked, this one is the most working tips for “something went wrong, trying to recover” Absinthe error.
Warning: You’ll lose all data if you dont create the backup. This step will update baseband, if you want to preserve baseband, DO NOT TRY THIS!
- Do a full backup of your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch on iTunes (Right click on iDevice name on iTunes left sidebar → Backup. Dont forget to transfer purchase if any apps download straight from the device).
- Find iOS 5.1.1 IPSW on iTunes IPSW Download folder or Download iOS 5.1.1 IPSW for your device.
- Put Device into DFU mode. Open iTunes. Hold Shift + Click Restore to perform Full Restore.
- Retry jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0 again!
Let us know if any of these tips worked well for you to fix something went wrong, trying to recover error on Absinthe.