App Store Not Loading, Returned White (Blank) Screen?
October 14, 2012 in iPhone Troubleshooting & Repair by
Are you recently searching for an iOS app on App Store using iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch but getting a white (blank) screen? What’s the solution for this issue?
** UPDATE **
Applecare Senior Advisor Tad just confirmed that the problem people are having with the App Store not loading is an Apple’s issue with their servers, so IT’S NOT YOUR iPhone/iPad’s problem. So don’t waste your time by restoring it!
It’s not happening to everyone however but Apple’s engineers are looking into it, its really hit or miss.
He said it should only be a 24 hour or so problem then everything should be up and running again.
Try any of these tips to fix the app store not loading issue:
- Tap Settings → General → Date and Time → Set Automatically → Off. Set the date one year ahead. Once done, try to update the apps again. If you get an error message, go back to the settings. Correct the date and time (set automatically) then go back and try to update the apps again.
This trick works for some users, not sure why, but you can give it a go!
- If the trick above doesn’t work, try this one: Tap Settings → Privacy → Location Services → System Services.
Scroll down and find this option: Location Based iAds → Off.
- App Store still returned blank page? Try to hard reset the iPhone/iPad:
Hold down both sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears (just ignore the “slide to power off” red slider) and then let go of the buttons.
Try to open the App Store on iPhone again!
- Sign out of your Apple ID, restart your iPhone/iPad and then Sign-In again.
Settings → iTunes & App Store → Apple ID. Tap your ID and Sign Out. Hard reset the iPhone/iPad like the trick no.3 mentioned above, and then go back to the Settings and sign-in again. Retry the App Store if it’s back to normal now.
- Quit the app store completely and restart the iPhone/iPad. Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the task bar will appear with all of your recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar. Restart your iOS device.
Do you have any other tips to fix the app store blank page issue? Shout it out on the comment form!