[Tutorial] How-to check if any SHSH Blobs saved
November 17, 2011 in iPhone How-to & Tutorial by
Editor's Note: Factory Unlock your iPhone → http://unlock.senseiphone.com/
Every time you need to downgrade iOS firmware on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you will need SHSH Blobs of the firmware which you are going to downgrade to.
Quick question and its answer: What is SHSH Blobs?
It is a small file that will let you downgrade iOS firmware on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Let’s go straight to the guide, how-to check if you have any SHSH Blobs saved?
- Okay, first you will need to download latest version of TinyUmbrella from http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com (you will see download link on the sidebar)
- Run TinyUmbrella
- If you see iOS lists on Saved SHSHs for your device box, it means that you have SHSH blobs for those listed firmware versions and you are eligible to perform iOS downgrade and stop reading this tutorial.
If you see empty list on Saved SHSHs for your device box, it means that you don’t have any SHSH saved on local computer and keep reading this tutorial.
- click Advanced tab.
- CHECK the Request SHSH From Cydia option to fetch any saved SHSH blobs from Cydia’s server. This option will be UNCHECKED by default and if you forgot to uncheck this option, you will get nothing.
- Now, click Save SHSH and TinyUmbrella will start downloading any available SHSH Blobs from Cydia.
- If you have any SHSH Blobs saved on Cydia server, it should be downloaded into your local computer in C:\Users\[your-username]\.shsh in Windows or /[Users]/Home/.shsh in Macintosh.
Bad luck if you have no SHSH saved on Cydia server, TinyUmbrella unable to get any SHSH blobs for your older firmwares. However, you can save the current iOS SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella. You may need it in the future.
Okay, you are stuck here then. You can’t perform downgrading iOS firmware on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to older version if you have no SHSH blobs saved.
- If you have ever been jailbreak your device and press “Make my life easier” on Cydia, you are lucky because you will most-likely have the SHSH Blobs saved on Cydia server.
- If you have ever been run TinyUmbrella, you will have SHSH Blobs files saved under .shsh directory in C:\Users\[your-username]\.shsh in Windows OR /[Users]/Home/.shsh in Macintosh.
- If you have ever moved .shsh directory to somewhere else (backed up), please remember the backup location.
Join SenseiPhone on