Convert DMG to IPSW file on Windows
October 5, 2011 in iPhone How-to & Tutorial
Permanent Factory Unlock iPhone service for almost ANY CARRIERS worldwide. Contact Us if your iPhone carrier not listed
If you’re downloading iOS firmware from file-sharing websites like rapidshare, megaupload, or download from torrent network, you probably will find many .dmg files, while you’re looking for .ipsw files.
Here is a short simple guide how-to convert dmg to ipsw on Windows.
- Download PowerISO to let you extracting the dmg file content and convert it to ipsw.
- Install PowerISO.
- When setup is completed successfully, you will be asked to configure the PowerISO.
- Don’t forget to select dmg option on the file associations menu on the left. I also would like to unchecked “Autostart on bootup” and “Integrate PowerISO into shell”. Why? Because I’m not going to use PowerISO for long time, and most probably I will uninstall the PowerISO right away after I’ve successfully have my IPSW file. So, these options wouldn’t be needed by me.
- Click close and cancel on reboot request.
- Now you should have seen the dmg as a “known files” with a gold icon color.
- Double click on dmg file, and you will see the ipsw file inside.
- Drag and drop the ipsw file into a folder and wait until the process completed.
- There you go, you have the IPSW file ready to use on iTunes restore.
Watch the video how-to convert dmg to ipsw: