Downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 for A4 Devices
April 17, 2012 in iPhone How-to & Tutorial by
If you are currently on iOS 5.1 and wanted to downgrade to iOS 5.0.1, then this tutorial is for you.
How-to Downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. The downgrade tutorial below is shown for A4 devices only, not for A5 devices.
So, you can only downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G & 3G.
Downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4S and Downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 on iPad 2 is not possible at the moment.
Requirements to downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1
- iFaith. Download iFaith.
- iOS IPSW file version 5.0.1. Check if iTunes already saved iOS 5.0.1 IPSW on computer, if you can’t find it then Download iOS 5.0.1 from download-ios.com.
- SHSH Blobs generated by either iFaith (get SHSH Blobs with iFaith) or TinyUmbrella
- TinyUmbrella. This is optional.
You can downgrade with TinyUmbrella. Or, you can downgrade by modifiying hosts file.
Follow these steps to downgrade iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 using iFaith
- Download iFaith and extract iFaith from the compressed file.
- Run iFaith and you will see a welcome message, click OK.
- Click Build *signed* IPSW w/ Blobs
- Click Browse for SHSH Blobs Cache
- Find iFaith SHSH Blobs (*.ifaith) or TinyUmbrella SHSH Blobs (*.shsh) file, select the file then click Open.
- Click Browse for iOS 5.0.1 IPSW and locate the IPSW file you have downloaded/found from iTunes library. Select the file then click Open.
- Wait a few seconds while iFaith verifying the IPSW file
Once your IPSW verified, you will see “Credit and Thanks” window, click Build IPSW button to continue.
- iFaith will be building custom signed IPSW for your device.
- Once finished, you will be notified that iFaith Done building IPSW… and you can find the generated custom IPSW on your Desktop. The signed IPSW file generated by iFaith should be named like this:
- Click Proceed button to get your iDevice ready for restore.
- You will see on-screen intruction how-to enter PWNED DFU Mode. If you’re familiar with DFU mode, it should be easy. If it’s your first time, then follow the DFU on-screen instructions carefully.
- Once your iDevice is in PWNED DFU mode the screen of the device should be blank with no light at all on the screen.
- Open TinyUmbrella and click Start TSS Server (if you are using TinyUmbrella)
Edit the hosts file and add 184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com in the new line of the hosts file. (if you are editing hosts file manually for downgrade)
- Now open iTunes and it will tell you that the device is detected in recovery mode and click OK.
- Hold on the SHIFT (button on keyboard) and click the Restore (button on iTunes) then a pop-up window appear to let you select IPSW firmware file. Select the custom IPSW which iFaith just created.
- iTunes will start restoring the custom iOS firmware and you will need to wait until iTunes has finished restoring the iOS on your iPhone|iPad|iPodTouch.
- viola! You have successfully downgraded iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1.
Watch video tutorial downgrading iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone|iPad|iPodTouch
If you have problem while downgrading iPhone|iPodTouch|iPad iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1, let us know on the comment section below
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone