Downgrade iOS 6 Beta to iOS 5.1.1
July 4, 2012 in iPhone How-to & Tutorial by
You may have tried iOS 6 to find out all features available on iOS 6, but dont feel satisfied yet. You can Downgrade iOS 6 Beta to iOS 5.1.1 by following the guide below.
You can do this step for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, they’re all the same.
How-to Downgrade iOS 6 Beta to iOS 5.1.1
- Turn off your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, plug it into the computer and then launch iTunes.
- Download iOS 5.1.1 IPSW for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Put your device into DFU mode
- Hold down the power button for 3 seconds
- (without releasing the power button) Hold down the home button for 8-10 seconds
- After 8-10 seconds, release the power button, BUT KEEP holding the home button
- Keep holding the home button until you see an alert on iTunes saying: iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
iTunes will start restoring your iOS device, the device will reboot when the process is completed.
That’s all you need to do! Apple is still signing the iOS 5.1.1 firmware so there’s no need to edit any Hosts file or SHSH blobs.
Watch Tutorial How-to Downgrade iOS 6 Beta to iOS 5.1.1
If you see error 3194 or error 1013 on iTunes during the iOS 5.1.1 restore process, it’s probably due to the modified Hosts file that is blocking iTunes from verifying the firmware from Apple’s servers. Revert your Hosts file back to original to fix such error or checkout our guide to fix error 3194 and retry the restore process.
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone