How-to Enable iPad Cover Lock/Unlock feature on iPad 2 and iPad 3.
Watch iPad Smart Cover in action
To activate iPad Cover Lock feature, follow these steps:
- Tap Settings → General → iPad Cover Lock/Unlock
- Make sure that iPad Cover Lock/Unlock option is switched ON in order to be able wakes up, stands up, and brightens up your iPad. That’s not just smart. It’s genius…
Most recent iPad cases has a built-in smart cover feature to let you lock or unlock iPad screen with the cover. Smart Cover doubles as the perfect movie-watching, game-playing, web-surfing, do-it-all companion as well, but we won’t deeeply talk about its full features in this article.
- Q: Where is my iPad Cover Lock/Unlock switch? I can’t see it in my iPad Settings.
A: Make sure that you have attached the case/smart cover to the iPad. Once iPad detects the smart cover attached into it, you will be able to see iPad Cover Lock switch in Settings app.
- Q: How do I know if my iPad case supports smart cover feature?
A: You should check it out on case maker website, or email them about smart cover feature. Though newly released iPad cases will support smart cover at most, some of them may not.
- Q: My Smart cover/case was working fine with the iPad 2, but the smart cover is not working on the iPad 3. What’s wrong?
A: Lots of iPad 2 cases reportedly to be not working on the iPad 3 due to a magnet polarity change on the iPad 3. Read more: Smart Cover/iPad Cover Lock not working on the new iPad 3.
If you are one of them, tell the case maker that your iPad 3 case is not working, they most likely will be happy to replace with a new one. If your smart cover doesnt work on the iPad 3, visit the local Apple store near you to get a replacement, they’ll swap it out for free.
Post your question below if you have any other problem while activating iPad smart cover feature.