Fix Apple Mobile Device service error 1067
April 2, 2011 in iPhone Fix & Repair by
iTunes says: This iPhone cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device service is not started. When you tried to fix Apple Mobile Device service not started error by starting the service through Windows service manager, it says another error:
Windows could not start the Apple Mobile Device service on Local Computer.
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.
How-to fix error 1067 on Apple Mobile Device service?
- Check if you have Megamanager or Megakey or any other Megaupload software installed on Windows.
If you have Megamanager or Megakey installed, uninstall it from your Windows, then restart iTunes.
Now the iPhone or iPod should be detected on iTunes without start the Apple mobile device service manually. In case your iPhone or iPod still not detected on iTunes, start the Apple Mobile Device service manually.
- If uninstalling them, or you have none of those software installed, try this step.
- Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support from Control Panel
- Install AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi from older version of iTunes 10.0.0.6.8
- You can download AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi from
http://senseiphone.com/download/itunes-10.0.0.6.8-32bit/AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi (if you have 32-bit Windows installed), or
http://senseiphone.com/download/itunes-10.0.0.6.8-64bit/AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi (if you have 64-bit Windows installed)
- Only re-install the Apple Mobile Device support, not the whole iTunes installation.
Both are the most working solutions to fix 1067 error when starting apple mobile device service. If you have other solution, please post on the comment form below.
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone