Fix Error 3194 on iPhone. Simple How-To Guide
March 20, 2014 in iPhone Fix & Repair by
Fix Error 3194 on iPhone
Error 3194 is an error that appears when users are trying to upgrade iOS by using iTunes manually, or downgrade iOS firmware in your iPhone device, or restore your iOS to remove Jailbreak on your device. This error happens because iTunes cannot connect to Apple server, but it connects to a fake Apple server, gs.apple.com which is actually Cydia server with address 22.214.171.124.
This happens usually when you’re trying to save SHSH Blobs for downgrade purpose.
You can help yourself to overcome this problem by following the steps below.
Fix 3194 using TinyUmbrella
- You must first close running iTunes on your personal computer/Mac.
- After that you can google TinyUmbrella and download it.
- Click TinyUmbrella to open it and use the administrator account.
- Pick iPhone and select the advanced option.
- Find “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit (if you need a clean restore from Apple uncheck this box)” option on TinyUmbrella software and unselect the option.
- TinyUmbrella will now remove the entire blocks that Jailbreak previously made on your iPhone.
- After following steps above, your iPhone should be fine now.
If the method above doesn’t work for some reason, though it should be working well, you may try this option to fix error 3194 on iTunes.
Edit Hosts file manual
Follow these additional steps to resolve this problem.
- If you Windows user open C: \Windows \System32 \drivers \etc (remove spaces) and find a file named “hosts”, while If you are a Mac user find the hosts file in /etc/.
If you see iTunes 3194 error when downgrading iOS
- Open the hosts file using notepad or any document editor application. Always open the file using administrator account on Windows.
- Go to the bottom of the file, and type, ”126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com”. Turn your iPhone device on DFU Mode and do the usual upgrade or restore routines.
- After the upgrade or restore sequence finished you can delete that line or add # sign before it. Save the edited file.
If the notepad ask you to save the host as other filename (cannot save hosts file)
- Right click on the Notepad and select “Run as Admin”, and then pick hosts file in your PC.
- After you follow suggested steps above, your iPhone device should be fine by now.
You can also fix the error 3914 in your iPad or iPod by using steps above.
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone