How-to Enter DFU mode on iPhone
August 25, 2007 in iPhone How-to & Tutorial
Permanent Factory Unlock iPhone service for almost ANY CARRIERS worldwide. Contact Us if your iPhone carrier not listed
This tutorial will guide you how-to enter DFU mode on iPhone, no matter which model, iPhone 2G (first generation), iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4. It also applies to other Apple devices, such as iPod touch, and iPad.
- Plug the iPhone into the computer using iPhone USB cable.
- Turn off the device by pressing power button (sleep/wake button)
- Hold down the power button for 3 seconds
- (without releasing the power button) Hold down the home button for 8-10 seconds
- After 8-10 seconds, release the power button, BUT KEEP holding the home button
- Keep holding the home button until you see an alert on iTunes saying: iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
The iPhone screen should be blank (totally black). Now, you have successfully put iPhone into DFU mode.
Watch tutorial how-to enter DFU mode on iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad:
If you need to get out from DFU mode, you just need to hold down the power and home buttons together (see: How-to Exit DFU mode).