How-to Enter PWNED DFU mode using redsn0w
April 14, 2012 in iPhone How-to & Tutorial by
How-to enter Pwned DFU mode using redsn0w
- Download redsn0w (the latest version) and run redsn0w software on your computer
- If you are using Windows computer, DO NOT forget to set redsn0w.exe compatibility mode.
- On redsn0w menu, click Extras.
- Click Pwned DFU Mode. This option is to enter pwned DFU mode in preparation for restoring to a custom IPSW via iTunes.
- Now TURN OFF your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and plug it into the computer using Apple’s USB cable then click Next. In the next step, you will see how-to enter DFU mode instruction on your screen. If you are NOT familiar with DFU mode, you should follow the steps carefully, but if you’re already know how-to enter DFU mode, the next step should not be a problem.
- Follow the Enter DFU Mode guide
- Once finished, redsn0w will display Done message and your device screen should be black like it is being turned-off (totally black without light).
In this mode, you should be able to restore Custom IPSW without problem. This mode is called PWNED DFU mode.
people came here by searching: how to enter pwned dfu mode with redsn0w, enter dfu program, how to enter pwned dfu mode, how to pwned dfu mode, iphone 2g pwned dfu mode, prepare to enter dfu mode, redsn0w pwned dfu ipad2