How-to Enter PWNED DFU mode using redsn0w
April 14, 2012 in iPhone How-to & Tutorial by
How-to enter Pwned DFU mode using redsn0w
- Download redsn0w (the latest version) and run redsn0w software on your computer
- If you are using Windows computer, DO NOT forget to set redsn0w.exe compatibility mode.
- On redsn0w menu, click Extras.
- Click Pwned DFU Mode. This option is to enter pwned DFU mode in preparation for restoring to a custom IPSW via iTunes.
- Now TURN OFF your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and plug it into the computer using Apple’s USB cable then click Next. In the next step, you will see how-to enter DFU mode instruction on your screen. If you are NOT familiar with DFU mode, you should follow the steps carefully, but if you’re already know how-to enter DFU mode, the next step should not be a problem.
- Follow the Enter DFU Mode guide
- Once finished, redsn0w will display Done message and your device screen should be black like it is being turned-off (totally black without light).
In this mode, you should be able to restore Custom IPSW without problem. This mode is called PWNED DFU mode.
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone