iOS 6 has been released today. Follow this guide to install iOS 6 to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
There are 3 methods to install iOS 6: Over-The-Air update, iTunes install, and iTunes restore.
- Tap Settings → General → Software Update
- Tap Download and Install
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Your iOS 6 should be downloaded immediately, it will take some time depending on your internet speed and you should keep watching the progress bar.
- Once the iOS 6 update is downloaded, tap the Install.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions again
- Apple will verify the iOS 6 installation.
Regular iTunes updates
- Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to your computer via USB cable.
- If you open iTunes software on the computer right now, iTunes will automatically ask you to download and install iOS 6. If it’s not asking, you may click Check for Update. Make sure you have iTunes 10.7 installed, too.
- Click Download and Update (Mac) / Download and Install (Windows) button.
- iTunes will download and install iOS 6 to your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch immediately.
Restore iOS 6 IPSW via iTunes
If you already have iOS 6 IPSW, the iOS 6 installation can be faster. Downloading iOS 6 IPSW directly will also help you save time if you download it through Download Manager.
- Open iTunes and connect your iDevice to your computer
- Click on the device from the left navigation pane on iTunes;
- Hold down the SHIFT (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) key and click the Restore button on iTunes
- Browse and select the iOS 6 IPSW file.
That’s it now wait for iTunes to complete the rest of update process.