Install Sara, a Siri clone that works on all iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
February 17, 2012 in Cydia Apps & Tweaks
Permanent Factory Unlock iPhone service for almost ANY CARRIERS worldwide. Contact Us if your iPhone carrier not listed
We already have several Cydia apps and tweaks that will allow you to install Siri to iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch, also iPad, for example Spire, SiriPort, AssistantConnect, more to come. Spire is pretty good, but searching for working spire proxies is kinda wasting time and while the others are mainly based on Spire, you will definitely still need some good Siri proxies.
After the development of months and testing it is finally available in the Cydia for free of cost, now here it is Sara, yet another Siri alternative.
Sara brings the Siri UI plus much more advanced features. You can install Sara from Cydia free of charge, and in addition it works on iPad without complicated settings.
So, what is Sara?
Sara is actually an open virtual assistant like Siri (Siri clone) and it was claimed for being the most effective and most innovative Siri clones currently. It’s not just accurate, but also offers more functions than Siri. It is simply open virtual assistant like Siri, with many advanced features Siri doesn’t have.
So, if you want to install Siri iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone 2G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G, iPad 2, or iPad 1 that definitely would not be achieveable for time being, you should take a look at Sara virtual assistant.
- The main and most advantageous function of the Sara is that you simply don’t have to setup any kind of siri proxies to make it work.
- Sara lets you improve the location-based queries, and yes it does not restrict its services to the United States and Canada only (Sara is in fact beating Siri on the location-based services).
- Sara support multiple languages that Siri doesnt. Vietnamese, German, French, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, and much more language will be supported.
- Sara will work on all older devices.
- Sara can work without Internet connection.
- Sara has “open” brain, this means, you can train and teach her new skills.
- Sara has built-in plugin system, therefore you can make your own plugin for Sara within 30 mins (for folks who don’t know about programming!)
- The graphic and user interface of Sara is almost the same as Siri.
Sara’s built-in features which siri doesn’t have:
- Find local business & direction (everywhere, not only US and Canada)
- Search Google, Wikipedia
- Call, message
- View the movie schedule from nearest cinema
- Read newspaper (via RSS)
- Check mail
- Remote control PC
- Search videos from youtube, songs
- Toggle on/off system functional (wifi, bluetooth, 3G etc)
- Translate, support > 37 languages
- Read barcode, qr code then find price, local business sell this
- OCR feature (Image to text), you can use Sara instead of scanner
- Social network support, share photos, comments on Facebook, twitter
- Search product price, local business
- Open apps
- Even more…
Note: The SARA Cydia tweak does not natively integrated together with iOS system at the moment. It is an application with an icon on your homescreen and must be launched from your SpringBoard with a single tap.
Additionally, SARA Cydia tweak is based on Spire and uses a 3rd party server for some inquiries. Therefore, your personal information sent through Sara will be accessible on the server (even though the author notes no information will ever be logged). Use SARA at your own risk. Don’t bother to install Sara if you worried much about privacy of public siri servers.
Sara is available on this repo “http://isoftjsc.com”, you can simply download it on your device without any hustle. Simply add this repo in your Cydia sources and search for “Sara 0.2” on your Cydia Store.
How-to Install Sara
- Add to Cydia Repo: http://isoftjsc.com
- Once repo has been added, tap on Sara Official Repo and you will see lists of available packages.
- Sara x.x.x (version #)
- Siri Dictation
- Install Console first (this package will likely be used to keep track of any bug). By installing this package, developer can easily investigate the issue in your Sara installation. Skip the installation if you really sure that Sara will work perfectly or maybe if you won’t need any help.
- Install Sara x.x (version)
- Once finished, you can launch Sara app by tapping Sara icon on the homescreen.
Check out the Sara video below