How to Tether Jailbreak iOS 5.1 iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (A4 Devices) Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 [Windows/Mac]
Permanent Factory Unlock iPhone service for almost ANY CARRIERS worldwide. Contact Us if your iPhone carrier not listed
Thanks to JBTech for all the hard work he has provided for SenseiPhone, and putting out many helpful videos!
If you’d like to donate and give thanks for all the hard hard work so far, feel free! :]
The iPhone Dev-Team has done it again! In less than 24 hours after the release of iOS 5.1, a Jailbreak has been released! RedSn0w, a Jailbreak tool, has been updated allowing those using the latest iOS 5.1 to set their devices free! It works for all A4 devices including the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices except, of course, the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2. As you may have guessed it by now, it is TETHERED, meaning you will need to connect your device to a computer to boot tethered each time it is switched off for whatever reason. The ‘SemiTether’ patch eases the tethered scenario by allowing devices to boot without connecting to a PC or Mac, although features are extremely limited, thus it will have to be booted tethered in order to function at optimum level once more.
- As already mentioned, this jailbreak does not work on the iPad 2 or iPhone 4S.
- If you unlock with GEVEY or Ultrasn0w, DO NOT update to the stock iOS 5.1 firmware. Skip to the latter part of this guide for more info.
- You will be booting tethered quite a bit, so if you don’t think you can deal with constantly connecting and rebooting, wait for an untethered or downgrade to iOS 5.0.1/4.x.
If you are running redsn0w on Windows, you will need to do the following steps before launching the redsn0w:
- Right click on redsn0w.exe and select Properties
- Click Compatibility tab and check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the dropdown menu.
- Click OK. Now you can launch redsn0w by double-clicking on redsn0w.exe
- Turn OFF iDevice
- Hold POWER button for 3 seconds
- Simultaneously hold POWER and HOME button for 10 seconds
- Let go of the POWER butto while still holding HOME button for 15 seconds