iOS 5.1.1 Released, Download Now!
May 7, 2012 in iPhone News & Rumors by
iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 3, 2, 1 and also iPod Touch 3G & 4G is just released by Apple. This is a regular update, in case you don’t know. Apple releases new software everytime they need to do so.
You’ll need to know the release notes of iOS 5.1.1 before updating. If anything related to these release notes causing inconvenience while you’re using iDevices, or you need improvement of something mentioned below, you should consider to update the iDevice’s software to iOS 5.1.1. Otherwise, you can just skip the update to save your time and data usage.
iOS 5.1.1 release notes
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
You can go to Settings → General → Software Update to update your iDevice’s software over-the-air. The other way to update iOS 5.1.1 is by using iTunes, but it will take more time to download, restore, and perform data backup.
Click here to download iOS 5.1.1 IPSW
If you rely on jailbreak, do not download iOS 5.1.1 and install the iOS 5.1.1 to your device since the jailbreak is currently tethered which gonna make you feel discomfort with the device.
In case the iTunes prompts you with the question box asking you to download and update iOS 5.1.1, you can just cancel it.
Just wait for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak instead. (see: Difference among Tethered, Untethered, and Semi-Tethered Jailbreak)