iPhone WI-FI Greyed Out, How to Fix this?
March 14, 2014 in iPhone Fix & Repair by
There are several reasons why the iPhone WI-FI is greyed out.
If you face the same problem, don’t be panic. Here are some steps you need to do to fix greyed out Wi-Fi on your iPhone. This fix applies to iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, 4S, etc with grayed Wi-Fi in Settings.
WARNING: try this fix at your own risk. We are not responsible in any way if this method causes permanent damage to your iOS device.
– Get your hair dryer on hand and ready to heat up your iPhone. Put hair dryer on its highest setting and point along the side with head phone jack and around that upper corner for a few minutes.
– Stop heating the iPhone once you see a warning on iPhone screen saying about temperature.
– Turn your iPhone off and let it cooling down.
– Turn it back and now you should have a fixed grayed iPhone Wi-Fi.
Watch: DIY Grayed iPhone WiFi Repair
The hair dryer trick works better than any other trick.
However, if the wifi setting remains disabled and grayed out, you may need to try to reset and restore iPhone through iTunes as showed on Apple support page.
– Restart your iOS device.
– Make sure that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.
– Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
– This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
– Make sure that your device is using the latest software. To do so, connect your device to your computer and check for updates in iTunes.
– If you still can’t turn Wi-Fi on, please contact Apple for support and service options. If you can turn Wi-Fi on but are experiencing other issues with Wi-Fi, please see these steps.
If you’ve tried above methods and none of them worked, you may need to take your iPhone to Apple and get replacement or get it repaired in your local repair shop in your area.
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone