iPhone 5 getting “NO SIM Card Installed” Error
Promo iPhone 5S gratis klik di sini http://id.senseiphone.com/184-promo-iphone5s-gratis-dm/
Your iPhone 5 getting “NO SIM Card Installed” Error, too?
So, I just got my brand new Aple iPhone 5 right out of the box and worked like a charm. But a few hours later, it says “no sim card installed“, “insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iPhone”
I’ve rebooted the iPhone, tried the Reset Network settings option from Settings, ejected the tray and nothing works.
I called Apple and AT&T told the same thing: Go to AT&T store for a replacement nano-SIM card. Not only users with AT&T, some friends also had the same problem their my Verizon iPhone 5.
A few Rogers Canada users also reported the same issue.
Any of you having the same issue with your brand new iPhone 5?
Well, this is disappointing, but WAIT, keep reading before you blame every thing around you.
Here is quick fix for “no sim card installed” on iPhone 5, sorted with the easiest one at first.
- Pop out the iPhone 5 sim tray with a paper clip, made sure it was seated correctly and reinserted it. Problem should be solved. A friend was trying it a few times and flicking the little drawer in to the slot and it worked. You may need to wiggle a bit with the sim and try a few different positions.
A user reported that his iPhone 5 intermittently working after taking card out three times, another one said need to take it out 10 times. More tips below.
- If the “NO SIM” message comes back, tried to turn the power off and on again, and you should see signals bar again.
- Doesn’t work? Try to power cycling the phone (let the iPhone 5 battery drains) and it should bring back your iPhone 5 alive.
- Another user reported that the following tips was flawlessly gets back his iPhone 5 normal. RECOMMENDED.
Powered the phone down.
I removed the SIM card.
Use a small paper clip and insert in the sim card hole and push firmly. Don’t use a large paper clip. While they fit the hole, are too large to push on the mechansim that pops the card up.
I lightly cleaned the SIM card contacts with an alcohol prep swab (the kind they use when you get a shot). Just so you know, I did try dry cleaning the SIM CARD with a soft cloth at first, but it didn’t work for me. Try it, if you don’t have the prep swab, it might work for you.
I then made sure the card was dry of the alcohol before I reinserted the card in the phone.
Restarted the phone.
This solved my problem iPhone 5 “NO SIM Card” issue. The phone booted up normally.
I hope it solves your problem too.
- Last but not least: some users experiencing the same problem happy to report that their iPhone 5 is now working after AT&T store changed the SIM card.
So, if you get “No SIM card Installed“, have been trying to Power off and get it worked again but then see “no SIM card” again, and even after removing card and cleaning, powering off, everything you can think of and still does not work, well looks like changing the SIM card will be the last the option to try.
It’s not the problem with the iPhone, but the SIM card. A users get a replacement iPhone 5 but re-used the old AT&T SIM card and gets the error back, and it went away after changing the SIM card.