How to Jailbreak iOS 5 GM using Redsn0w for Mac & Windows [TETHERED]
Jailbreak your iDevice running iOS 5 GM!
**THIS IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK ONLY!**
WHAT IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK? A tethered jailbreak require a computer connection to boot a jailbroken iOS device. This meaning you will have to run Redsn0w and boot it up that way each time your battery dies or you need to reboot.
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPhone4 (CDMA)
**If your device is not listed above, please do not attempt to jailbreak it on any version of iOS 5! And if you rely on a software unlock and don’t have an older boot rom, stay away from iOS 5 altogether.**
What you need
- iOS 5 GM seed installed on your device [Check out how to install iOS 5 GM for FREE here]
- iTunes 10.5 Beta [You can get that here]
- RedSn0w 0.9.9b4
How to Jailbreak:
- Connect iDevice via USB to your computer
- Launch Redsn0w
- Click on Extras and Select your IPSW
- Click on Back and select Jailbreak
- Follow the on screen instructions
- After RedSn0w finishes doing its thing, you must turn off and boot up through Redsn0w
**Cydia & Safari will not work unless you do these steps!**
- Repeat the instructions on 1 and 2 as stated above, then in “Extras” click on “Just Boot”
- Follow on screen instructions.
- Your phone will perform a tethered boot and you should be good to go!
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone