Ac1dSn0w: New Jailbreak Tool For iOS 5/5.0.1 Tethered Jailbreak [How-To Tutorial]
November 28, 2011 in How-to Jailbreak
Permanent Factory Unlock iPhone service for almost ANY CARRIERS worldwide. Contact Us if your iPhone carrier not listed
Ac1dsn0w was just announced not too long ago by the Pwn Dev Team. This Jailbreak isn’t anything different from other Jailbreak tools [Redsn0w & Sn0wbreeze], but is a viable alternative and it has a bright future ahead of it with features like remote jail breaking, custom firmware creation and iRecovery Remote.
**Be aware Ac1dsn0w is still in Beta stages so it will have bugs in it**
Supported Devices (iOS 5/iOS 5.0.1):
- iPhone 3Gs
- iPhone 4
- iPod Touch 4 G
- iPad 1
**THIS IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK ONLY!**
WHAT IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK? A tethered jailbreak require a computer connection to boot a jailbroken iOS device. This meaning you will have to run Redsn0w and boot it up that way each time your battery dies or you need to reboot.
NOTE: If you want more stable and trouble-free jailbreak, I recommend using iPhone Dev-Team’s Redsn0w for Windows and Mac. [Click here for our How-To tutorial on Jailbreaking with Redsn0w]
- Download Ac1dSn0w [Mac]
- After downloading, open it and you’ll see the following screen:
You can click ‘Show Console’ to see some device related information. It also shows you the current state of your jailbreaking process. The Assistant Panel helps you to put your device into DFU Mode.
- Connect your device with your Mac.
- Turn your device off.
- Click ‘Show Assistant’ and follow the onscreen instructions to enter DFU Mode.
- Once you’re in DFU Mode just hit the ‘Jailbreak’ Button and wait until it’s done [the device will reboot]
- Put your device again into DFU Mode [Step 5] and hit the ‘Tethered Boot’ Button.
The current version of Ac1dSn0w is in an early development stage. In the future it will also be able to jailbreak remote devices. This means that you just need to install a server program on any OS (Linux, BSD, Windows) and Ac1dSn0w will jailbreak it on a client machine anywhere in the world. Other upcoming features are:
- Custom Firmware Creation
- iRecovery Remote (you can talk to remote devices and send your own payloads etc)