How to Jailbreak iOS 5 with redsn0w 0.9.9b5 (MAC)
October 13, 2011 in How-to Jailbreak
Permanent Factory Unlock iPhone service for almost ANY CARRIERS worldwide. Contact Us if your iPhone carrier not listed
Jailbreak your iDevice running FINAL version of iOS 5!
**THIS IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK ONLY!**
WHAT IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK? A tethered jailbreak require a computer connection to boot a jailbroken iOS device. This meaning you will have to run Redsn0w and boot it up that way each time your battery dies or you need to reboot.
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
**If your device is not listed above, please do not attempt to jailbreak AND if you rely on a software unlock and don’t have an older boot rom, STAY AWAY from iOS 5 altogether.**
What you need
How to Jailbreak iOS 5 with redsn0w 0.9.9b5 on Mac: (Watch the video for more details)
- Connect iDevice via USB to your computer
- Launch Redsn0w
- Select Jailbreak
- Set your iDevice in DFU mode:
- Turn OFF iDevice
- Hold POWER button for 3 seconds
- Simultaneously hold POWER and HOME button for 10 seconds
- Let go of POWER button while holding HOME button for 15 seconds
- After RedSn0w finishes doing its thing, you must turn off and boot up through Redsn0w
**Cydia & Safari will not work unless you do these steps!**
- Open Redsn0w again, and click “Extras” & click on “Just Boot”
- Again, set iDevice in DFU like in Step 4
- Your phone will perform a tethered boot and you should be good to go!
Watch the video how-to jailbreak iOS 5 with redsn0w 0.9.9b5 on Mac.