How-to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered with redsn0w 0.9.10b1
December 27, 2011 in How-to Jailbreak
Permanent Factory Unlock iPhone service for almost ANY CARRIERS worldwide. Contact Us if your iPhone carrier not listed
If your device is already tethered jailbroken, you can convert tethered to untethered jailbreak by simply installing Corona 5.0.1 Untether for iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak, click for details.
Jailbreak iPhone 4S, 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generation also iPad 1 running iOS 5.0.1!
**THIS IS A UNTETHERED JAILBREAK! HELL YEAH!!! **
IF YOU ALREADY JAILBROKEN: UNSELECT “Install Cydia” option.
IF YOU HAVE NOT JAILBROKEN YET: MAKE SURE TO SELECT CYDIA OR YOU GOT NOTHING!
UNTETHERED JAILBREAK means you can use your device as normal, unlike tethered jailbreak.
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
**If your device is not listed above, please do not attempt to jailbreak AND if you rely on a software unlock, USE CUSTOM IPSW ONLY!
What you need
- Connect iDevice via USB to your computer
- Launch Redsn0w
If you are running redsn0w on Windows, you will need to do the following steps before launching the redsn0w:
- Right click on redsn0w.exe and select Properties
- Click Compatibility tab and check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the dropdown menu.
- Click OK. Now you can launch redsn0w by double-clicking on redsn0w.exe
- Select Jailbreak
- Set your iDevice in DFU mode:
- Turn OFF iDevice
- Hold POWER button for 3 seconds
- - Simultaneously hold POWER and HOME button for 10 seconds
- - Let go of POWER button while still holding HOME button for 15 seconds
- Once you’ve successfully entered DFU mode, RedSn0w will identify your firmware aka IPSW along with options, like: Install Cydia, Install custom bundle, Enable multitask gestures, Deactivate.
- You just need to select “Install Cydia” option then click Next and let the process running.
MAKE SURE TO UNSELECT “Install Cydia” option if your device is already jailbroken
- Now you will see your iDevice preparing the Jailbreak data!
Now you have iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak on your device!