How To Jailbreak iOS 7 On iPhone, iPad, iPad mini & iPod touch
December 23, 2013 in How-to Jailbreak by
Subscribe to the YouTube channel for more videos
Today the Evad3rs caught us all by surprise and released a jailbreak for iOS 7! Evasi0n7 is an untethered iOS 7.x jailbreak that will work even on the latest Apple devices: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPad Air, & iPad mini with Retina display. To get jailbreaking, watch the how-to video above and follow the steps below.
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPod touch 5th Generation
- iPad (2nd gen)
- iPad (3rd gen)
- iPad (4th gen)
- iPad Air
- iPad mini
- iPad mini with retina display
Supported iOS version:
- A computer running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 /x86_64)
- iTunes installed if you’re running Windows
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
- Backup your data to either iCloud or your PC via iTunes before jailbreaking.
- Make sure there is no lock screen passcode or Touch ID set on your iOS device. You can disable Passcode lock from: Settings > General > Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode Off
- Many Cydia tweaks are not yet compatible with iOS 7 so you may get errors with those certain tweaks. It will improve once developers push updates for their tweaks.
HOW-TO JAILBREAK iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4
Step 2: Connect your iOS device to your computer and start Evasi0n 7.
Step 3: Now click on “Jailbreak” button to start the process. This will take a few minutes so let it process.
Step 4: Once done, Evasi0n will inform you that you need to unlock your device and tap the new ‘evasi0n 7’ app icon found on the home screen of your device to continue. Tap the app icon and keep your device connected, it will automatically restart.
Step 5: Once the reboot is complete, Evasi0n will continue to apply the final few things before asking you to unlock your device again. Once you unlock it, it will reboot again, followed by ‘Done!’ screen.
Step 6: Cydia should now be on your iOS device home screen!
Step 7: Open Cydia and it will begin to prepare the filesystem then reboot. This will take a minute or two.
Finally: Open Cydia and you have successfully jailbroken iOS 7!