How-to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered with redsn0w 0.9.10b5
January 31, 2012 in How-to Jailbreak by
To make sure that you properly jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 using redsn0w, please check the following requirements.
REQUIREMENTS to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered using redsn0w on Mac:
- Check your iPhone model, iPod Touch model, or iPad model and make sure it is listed in supported device list below.
Supported devices (in this tutorial):
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
**If your device is not listed above, please do not attempt to jailbreak AND if you rely on a software unlock, USE CUSTOM IPSW ONLY!
- Check your iOS version: Make sure that the version is 5.0.1 (9A405).
- redsn0w 0.9.10b5 for Mac
- redsn0w 0.9.10b5 for Windows
Step-by-step How-to Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Untethered using redsn0w on Mac or Windows
Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generation also iPad 1 running iOS 5.0.1!
- Connect iDevice via USB to your computer
- Launch Redsn0w
If you are running redsn0w on Windows, you will need to do the following steps before launching the redsn0w:
- Right click on redsn0w.exe and select Properties
- Click Compatibility tab and check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the dropdown menu.
- Click OK. Now you can launch redsn0w by double-clicking on redsn0w.exe
- Click Jailbreak
- Set your iDevice in DFU mode:
- Turn OFF iDevice
- Hold POWER button for 3 seconds
- Simultaneously hold POWER and HOME button for 10 seconds
- Let go off the POWER button while still holding HOME button for 15 seconds
- Once you’ve successfully entered DFU mode, RedSn0w will identify your firmware aka IPSW along with options, like: Install Cydia, Install custom bundle, Enable multitask gestures, Deactivate.
- You just need to select “Install Cydia” option then click Next and let the process running.
- Now you will see your iDevice preparing the Jailbreak data!
Now you have successfully jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on your iDevice using redsn0w!