Jailbreak iOS 6 GM is possible with the updated redsn0w 0.9.13dev4.
- You need the iOS 6 GM firmware to proceed.
- This jailbreak does not install Cydia, but only gives you SSH root access so you can install your custom packages.
- Only compatible with A4 devices: iPhone4, iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 3GS. It’s impossible to jailbreak iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad2, and iPad3. But checkout our How-to Jailbreak guide the for the updates.
Download iOS 6 GM IPSW file for your device, if you haven’t done so.
Unless you are a developer or advanced user, we don’t recommend you to jailbreak iOS 6 GM at this time.
Steps to jailbreak iOS 6 GM with redsn0w:
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.13dev4 and run it
- Click Extras → Select IPSW → browse and select the iOS 6 GM IPSW.
- Once the firmware is successfully identified, go back to the main page and click Jailbreak.
- Make sure that Install SSH option is checked, and click Next.
Your device will now be jailbroken.
- Once the jailbreak process is completed, put your device into DFU mode again.
- Go back to the main page of RedSn0w and click Extras → Just boot to perform a tethered-boot on your device.
Put your iPhone/iPod Touch into DFU mode. Read the guide here: How-to Enter DFU mode.
You should now be able to access your device via SSH. By this means you can install custom packages you need to enjoy your jailbroken device.
You have to repeat the step number 6 each time your device restarts. That’s way this jailbreak is called tethered jailbreak. See Tethered, Untethered, Semi-Tethered Jailbreak, what’s the difference?
The public version of iOS 6 will be released on September 19 and we are pretty sure that redsn0w for iOS 6 will be updated as well to include Cydia for common users.
Stay tuned on SenseiPhone, we will have a full iOS 6 untethered jailbreak tutorial soon.