Jailbreak iPodTouch 3G/4G iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe for Mac
Permanent Factory Unlock iPhone service for almost ANY CARRIERS worldwide. Contact Us if your iPhone carrier not listed
How-to Jailbreak iPodTouch 3G/4G iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.4 on Mac (Untethered Jailbreak)
Tutorial: Jailbreak iPodTouch 3G/4G using Absinthe 2.0.4
How-to Jailbreak iPodTouch 3G/4G iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.4 on Mac
To jailbreak other device model or other iOS version, see our How-to Jailbreak page.
To ensure that you perform iPodTouch 3G/4G jailbreak correctly, you should verify the following requirements.
REQUIREMENTS to jailbreak iPodTouch 3G/4G iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe 2.0.4 on Mac:
- Verify your iPod Touch model, make sure that it is exactly iPodTouch 3G/4G model.
- Verify your installed iOS version: make sure that the version is 5.1.1 (9B206)
- Download Absinthe 2.0.4 for Mac
- ALWAYS backup your data to prevent any data loss. Backup and restore your iPodTouch 3G/4G by right-clicking on the iPodTouch 3G/4G-name on iTunes left sidebar → Backup
Step-by-step how-to jailbreak iPodTouch 3G/4G iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.4 on Mac
- Double click absinthe-mac-2.0.4.dmg to mount and drag the Absinthe application to your desktop.
- Double click to launch the Absinthe application from your Desktop.
- As requested, please plug the iPodTouch 3G/4G into the computer through the USB cable.
- As soon as iPodTouch 3G/4G plugged-in, Absinthe 2.0.4 will automatically identify your current device and also the installed iOS version. Click Jailbreak button to begin.
- Then, Absinthe will be trying to jailbreak your iPodTouch 3G/4G within several processes: beginning jailbreak, sending initial jailbreak data, sending final jailbreak data, waiting for reboot, and waiting for process to complete. During this process, you don’t need to do anything.
- When Absinthe finished, you will see this screen.
- Check your iPodTouch 3G/4G now, it should have Cydia app installed on the homescreen.
Congratulations, you have successfully jailbreak iPodTouch 3G/4G iOS 5.1.1 on Mac by using Absinthe 2.0.4!
Watch Tutorial How-to Jailbreak iPod TOuch using Absinthe 2.0.4
If you have problem while doing jailbreak iPodTouch 3G/4G iOS 5.1.1 on Mac, please read the instruction again. Make sure that you follow the instruction carefully and then repeat the steps again.
For those who still have problem while jailbreaking iPodTouch 3G/4G, write your problem on the comment form below along with detailed information such as device model, iOS version, Computer Operating System, Absinthe 2.0.4 version, any installed antivirus, iTunes version as well as the error message, along with other necessary information.
REMEMBER: Failure to provide the details will not likely get yourself assisted.