How-to Run redsn0w as Administrator on Windows
February 14, 2012 in iPhone How-to & Tutorial by
This tutorial is shown for Windows users (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7).
If you want to run redsn0w on Windows without getting stuck, freezing, or even crash during jailbreak, you should run redsn0w.exe as an Administrator.
Run redsn0w as an Administrator on Windows XP
Run redsn0w as an Administrator on Windows Vista / Windows 7
Step-by-step How-to run redsn0w as an Administrator on Windows XP
- Extract redsn0w first if you haven’t done so then you will find redsn0w.exe.
- Right click on redsn0w.exe → click Run As…
- If you cannot see Run as menu on right-click options, do the following steps:
Press and hold SHIFT button on keyboard and right-click on redsn0w.exe, and then click Run as.
- Click The following user and select an account with administrator rights such as Administrator. Then enter the password for an account with administrator rights and click OK.
You will need to do this each time you run redsn0w.
Step-by-step How-to run redsn0w as an Administrator on Windows Vista / Windows 7
- Extract redsn0w first if you haven’t done so.
- Right click on redsn0w.exe → click Properties
- Click Compatibility tab
- Select Run this program as an administrator in privilege level section.
- Click OK.
You just need to do this once, but you will need to repeat the steps when you downloaded a new redsn0w.
Once you have run redsn0w with administrator priviledge, you should be able to run redsn0w without hassle. Dont forget to set redsn0w compatibility mode.
If you have any problem while running redsn0w as Administrator, please drop comment below.
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone