How-to Save SAM iPhone Unlock Ticket Using redsn0w
April 22, 2012 in Miscellaneous Stuff by
Editor's Note: Factory Unlock your iPhone → http://unlock.senseiphone.com/
The tutorial below is intended for those who have been unlocked iPhone using SAM method.
If you haven’t unlocked it or even didn’t know about unlocking iPhone with SAM method, read the guide here: How-to Unlock iPhone using SAM.
Why do you need to do this?
Well, if you want to have permanent unlock with the SAM unlock method you have done, you should save the unlock ticket for future unlocks. Next time you accidentally restored your iPhone or reset all settings, you will need this to unlock without repeating the unlock steps.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.10b8
- Extract redsn0w archive and run redsn0w application
- Click Extras → Even More → Backup
- A popup box will be asking for a path to a backup. Make sure it is /var/root/Library/Lockdown
If you see Backup failed. Failed to backup /var/root/Library/Lockdown (service would not start) error message, please search and install on Cydia: afc2add package.
- redsn0w just takes about a second to backup the SAM unlock ticket from /var/root/Library/Lockdown directory from your iPhone to the computer. The backup file is compressed in a zip in the same folder of redsn0w named Lockdown_2012xxxxxxxx.zip.
Now make sure that you save this SAM backup file in a safe place. You can even email it yourself to make sure that you will not loose it for future unlocks.
Q: What to do with this SAM backup file in case I restored my iPhone?
A: Simply place the content of the ZIP backup file in /var/root/Library/Lockdown directory on iPhone, you can use iFunBox, WinSCP, iDiskAid, CyberDuck, etc.
But remember, you can only use the SIM card you have inserted inside iPhone. Backup for every SIM card you inserted and you can rename the filename to remember which backup file is assigned to specific SIM card.
Join SenseiPhone on