sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 released to support iOS 5 Beta 1 Jailbreak on Windows
June 12, 2011 in iPhone News & Rumors by
sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 1 just released to the public by ih8sn0w –the creator of sn0wbreeze through his twitter account @ih8sn0w. This version is available to developers only as the iOS 5 is only available to developers in beta version. sn0wbreeze v2.8 beta 1 supports iOS 5 beta 1 (9A5220p) and supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (GSM and CDMA versions), iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generation, also iPad 1 (original iPad). iPad 2 jailbreak has not yet support by any jailbreak tools, hence you cannot jailbreak iPad 2 using sn0wbreeze either.
Jailbreak iOS 5 beta 1 using sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 is available in tethered mode only. It means you need to connect the device to the computer and run iBooty on the computer to be able to use the device as normal.
Requirements to jailbreak iOS 5 beta 1 using sn0wbreeze v2.8b1:
– Original IPSW file of iOS 5 beta 1 (9A5220p)
– Device with registered UDID as developer
– sn0wbreeze v2.8 beta 1 (sn0wbreeze-v2.8b1.zip)
Notes about sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 1:
sn0wbreeze v2.8 BETA 1 Release Notes:
* Supports iOS 5.0 BETA 1 (9A5220p)
* Supports the following Devices:
– iPhone 3GS
– iPhone 4 [GSM]
– iPhone 4 [CDMA]
– iPod Touch 3G
– iPod Touch 4
– iPad 1G
* Props to @MuscleNerd for the kernel patches. :)
* THIS IS INTENDED FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY!!!
* This sn0wbreeze does NOT add afc2 or Hacktivate to prevent users from removing the UDID check after jailbreak.
* UNLOCKERS SHOULD STAY AWAY!!!
* This is a /TETHERED/ jailbreak via iBooty.
Now available at: http://ih8sn0w.com/sb28b1
To download sn0wbreeze v2.8b1, please go to the iPhone Download area.
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone