Top 5 Cydia Tweaks of February 2014
February 21, 2014 in Cydia Apps & Tweaks by
Top 5 Cydia Tweaks of February 2014: TimePasscode, Selfie, LockSafety & more…
- ‘Selfie’ is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Zogo that allows you to quickly snap a selfie by adding a ‘Selfie’ shortcut right on your homescreen. Once you install the tweak, all you have to do is to swipe up the dock to open Selfie. This will open up the front camera with a “Snap” button at the button of the screen which you can tap on to capture a selfie. Check out the tweak in action in our video below.
- BlueBoard is a recently released Cydia tweak that allows you to add a blue tinted keyboard to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device. As with most Cydia tweaks of this kind, BlueBoard doesn’t depend on WinterBoard or other Themes.
Once you’ve installed BlueBoard, you can enable the tweak via the settings menu.
- StatusForecast is a new jailbreak tweak, free on ModMyi, that puts the current temperature and weather conditions neatly into your status bar.
The formatting of the data is highly customizable, so you can change how the data is displayed at any time via the tweak’s settings panel in Settings. The default shows the name of your city (entered in the settings as a WOEID), the current time, the current temperature, and an icon showing the current weather conditions.
In my experience, the tweak takes a while to respond to changes in the settings and also disables itself upon device respring. However, this is a 1.0.0 release, so I expect there to be lots of changes and improvements made in coming weeks.
- TimePasscode is an interesting new jailbreak tweak, and one that comes as the result of a recent Reddit request.
TimePasscode is a new tweak from Stevie Hetelekides that sets your passcode to the current time of your device.
So for example, if the time is 12:41, your passcode would be ‘1241’. You can also create a reverse passcode, so that 12:41 would be 1421.
Hopefully more features and settings will be implemented down the road, as the tweak is open source.
- LockSafety is an iPhone Tweak which prevents powerdown screen from appearing on lockscreen. No screenshots for this item.
After installing the tweak, you can be on the Lock Screen and hold down on the power button for as long as you want to, but the slide to power off option will never appear. When your iOS device gets stolen or lost, the last thing you want to worry about is a thief power off the iPhone off so you can’t track it through services such as Find My iPhone on iCloud. This tweak will prevent you from such thing to be happened. If you were to remove the tweak, the power down slider would appear on the Lock Screen again as usual.
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone