Unlock AT&T iPhone 4S with Activation Bug
November 18, 2011 in iPhone Unlock
Permanent Factory Unlock iPhone service for almost ANY CARRIERS worldwide. Contact Us if your iPhone carrier not listed
If you are really depend on unlocked iPhone 4S, I suggest you to buy factory unlocked iPhone 4S rather than finding or waiting for iPhone 4S unlock by ultrasn0w or gevey sim.
Before you bother to try this unlock iPhone 4S method, I would like to warn you that this is gonna work on a very temporary basis, about seconds to minutes, so it’s not permanent unlock. But, let’s hope somebody figure it out and turn it to be iPhone 4S permanent unlock.
What you need:
- Activated AT&T iPhone 4S. It must be activated already. Only works on AT&T iPhone 4S so far. Let us know if it works on GSM carrier in your country.
- AT&T Micro SIM Card
- T-Mobile Micro-Sim Card (prepaid/with data plan)
Step-by-step to temporarily unlock AT&T iPhone 4S:
- Make sure that your AT&T SIM card inserted.
- Dial 611 for customer service, then hang-up immediately once you have connected.
- Go to Settings and put your iPhone into Airplane mode, then pull out the AT&T Micro-SIM card.
- Lock the screen, hence you will see No Sim Card Installed
- Turn on the Wi-Fi and clear any remembered networks near you to ensure it doesn’t auto-connect later, then turn the wi-fi off again. If you have no any remembered wi-fi networks around you at the moment, you can skip this step.
- Insert T-Mobile Micro-SIM Card then turn off the Airplane mode. Your iPhone 4S will be looking for a network
- Tap Settings → Network → Cellular Data Network. Just let it there until the apple splash screen came up.
- Turn on the iPhone again and you will see the same Activation Required screen pop-up.
- You will see lists of known wi-fi networks to perform activation. But, do not tap any Wi-Fi network. That’s why you need to forgot any remembered network on previous steps.
- Once you see the iPhone showing E symbol which mean that it has found an EDGE network, you will notice the Use Cellular Connection option on the bottom of the screen. If there is no Use Cellular Connection option, it means that your T-Mobile Micro-SIM card is unable to access cellular data. Please see the requirements again.
- So, here is the activation bug. On the Activating your iPhone progress screen, you should let it run for 10 seconds then pull-out the T-Mobile Micro-SIM card. Repeat this step until you see T-Mobile logo beside the signal bar.
- Once you have seen the T-Mobile on the top of the screen (right after the signal bar), it means that you have successfully unlocked iPhone 4S.
Activation Required screen will popup and you’ll see the iPhone will show E symbol which mean that it has found an EDGE network. Just wait about 10-15 seconds then turn the iPhone off by pressing the power button.