How to Untether Jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 on iPhone, iPad, & iPod touch using Pangu [VIDEO]
June 24, 2014 in How-to Jailbreak by
Early today Pangu was released allowing those on iOS 7.1.1 to jailbreak! This jailbreak tool is currently available for Windows with a Mac version being in development (according to the Pangu site). Pangu has been tested & it is 100% working, but you want to be cautious on a certain step when jailbreaking. Below you can find all the information on how to to untether jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, & iPod touch using Pangu.
- iPad Air
- iPad mini
- iPad 3/4/2
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPod touch 5
- iOS 7.1.1
- iOS 7.1
How to jailbreak iOS 7.1.x with Pangu
Step 1: Download the PanGu for Windows or Mac (coming soon)
Step 2: Plug your iOS 7.1.x device to your computer via USB
Step 3: Open & run Pangu_v1.0.exe on your Windows computer.
Step 4: Make sure the checkbox is unchecked, and click the Start Jailbreak button. **THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT as it will cause problems with your device in the future with Pangu**
Step 5: Pangu will ask you to go to Settings > General > Date & Time and disable the Set Automatically toggle. You will then need to set the date to June 2, 2014.
Step 6: Once the Jailbreak process begins, you will then see the Pangu app icon on the Home screen. Tap the Pangu icon to launch the Pangu app.
Step 7: From here, you will just sit back & relax while the jailbreak is in process. The whole process takes about 5-10 minutes, so be patient.
Step 8: Once the jailbreak is completed, go ahead and unlock your device. You should now see Cydia on the Home screen.
Congratulations! You now have an untethered jailbreak on iOS 7.1.x. Pangu should automatically set your date setting in Settings > General > Date & Time back to Set Automatically.
A Mac version should be out soon, and as soon as it is, we’ll I will be updating this page with links to Pangu on Mac.
**If you jailbroke your device and didn’t uncheck the box you need to follow the instructions below to protect your device**
- Add Karen’s Pineapple Repo at http://cydia.angelxwind.net/ to your Cydia/APT sources (Manage→Sources→Edit→Add)
- Install Complete PPSync Remover (net.angelxwind.completeppsyncremover) from Cydia.
- Remove PPStore from Cydia.
- Go to Settings→General→Profiles and remove the 25pp certificate. If you don’t see a Profiles section, or if there is no 25pp profile, that is okay. All that means is that PanGu never installed one.
- You’re done. And yes, Complete PPSync Remover restores
- If you want to, you can uninstall Complete PPSync Remover.
Join SenseiPhone onFacebook https://www.facebook.com/SenseiPhone